Mission to Baltimore
Sunday, March 19 – Monday, March 20
Join your Greensboro friends on a cultural experience of Jewish Baltimore! The Greensboro Jewish Federation invites you to attend an exclusive weekend exploring the artistic legacy of the Cone Sisters at the Baltimore Museum of Art and Jewish life and history in this vibrant city.
Space is limited, only 55 slots. Register TODAY.
Join us Sunday March 19 as we travel on a whirlwind overnight mission to Baltimore and discover how Claribel and Etta Cone’s adventurous spirit resulted in the formation of one of the most important collections of modern art in America.
You'll appreciate the vision and philanthropy of the Cone sisters, as you explore the Baltimore Art Museum's internationally renowned exhibit featuring their famed collection of modern art. Marvel at the works of Picasso and Matisse, with whom they forged everlasting friendships. Learn how they purchased art – not for its value but out of their love for the artist.
The Mission to Baltimore offers a chance to learn more stories about these fascinating women, and discover their ties to the Cone family here in Greensboro. Book your trip to Baltimore now and immerse yourself in the art, history, and culture of this fantastic city!
A luxury travel bus will depart from Federation building on the morning of Sunday, March 19 and return in the evening on Monday, March 20.
Trip Highlights include:
- One night’s stay at the Baltimore Marriott Waterfront
- Transportation on a luxury coach
- Breakfast, lunches, dinner on Sunday evening, and snacks
- A curator-led tour of The Peabody Library at Johns Hopkins University
- The Baltimore Museum of Art is exclusively opening the museum for a private tour of internationally renowned collection of works by French artist Henri Matisse, established by Claribel and Etta Cone. Tour will be led by the curator of the Cone Collection, Katy Rothkopf
- A private docent tour of the Jewish Museum of Maryland
- Lunch and learn at the Jewish Community Center
- The city’s lively Harbor East district, featuring boutiques and shops, bars, restaurants, marinas, and more!