Coronavirus Updates: as of 3/20/2020.
This is an evolving situation and we will share new information here as it becomes available.
All Greensboro Jewish Federation, Jewish Foundation of Greensboro and Jewish Family Services community events are now cancelled or postponed.
Board meetings and other meetings are being held using remote technology.
We will also be hosting virtual events and will put those on the community calendar. We encourage you to join in when possible.
Message to Community sent on 3/20/20
Building Access and Staffing
Please note the following changes to building access and staffing.
- In light of requests by governmental and health professionals, the Federation, Foundation, and JFS will continue to operate, but we are limiting building access (other than for staff)
- Effective Monday morning (3/16), the Federation building will be closed to visitors, unless by invitation.
- Board and committee meetings will be held through electronic /remote access. Participants will receive dial-in information prior to each meeting.
- Some staff members will be working off site.
- We are working to maintain all services and functions, but we are planning to shift communications to electronic/remote access and contact to the extent possible.
Please note the following:
- Arrangements are being made for JFS services to continue without onsite visits;
- Van transportation services will continue only for essential needs, such as medical appointments;
- We encourage contributions, sign-up for events, and donor advised fund recommendations be made online to the extent possible; otherwise, contact the appropriate staff person for assistance;
- Please understand that there may be delays in response time to your emails and phone calls as we continue to receive a significantly increased amount of electronic correspondence. We will do our best to respond as quickly as possible.