Title: Outreach & Engagement Manager
Reports to: Director of Campaign Operations & Donor Relations
Status: Full time, exempt
The Outreach & Engagement Manager will be responsible for developing, promoting, coordinating and implementing programming at the Greensboro Jewish Federation. Program areas include community engagement, young adults and families, young leadership, newcomers, Jewish culture and education, and grants and scholarships administration.
The Greensboro Jewish Federation builds community among the Jewish people of Greensboro, assuring continuity from generation to generation. Recognizing that each Jew is responsible, one for another, the Federation promotes the welfare of the Jewish people in our community, in Israel, and worldwide.
Locally, the Federation offers programming, networking, and social events, scholarships and grants; brokers community relations; advocates for Israel; and organizes city-wide religious observances and celebrations.
Staff lead for Young Professional engagement.
- Plan and execute young professional programming.
- Collaborate with Campaign team to enhance Young Adult participation in the annual campaign.
Staff lead for Greensboro Federation Leadership Institute (G-FLI).
- Includes design, implementation, evaluation and recruitment for G-FLI.
- Plan and staff G-FLI mission.
- Develop and execute G-FLI alumni programming along with alumni engagement chairs.
- Staff and work with lay committee of J-Triad partnership in cooperation with Beth David Synagogue, Temple Emanuel Greensboro and Temple Emanuel Winston-Salem.
- Act as liaison for area Hillel chapters and staff.
- Administer PJ Library and PJ Our Way through subscription management.
- Develop and execute 6-8 PJ Library family events throughout the year.
- Coordinate PJ Library Parent Committee meetings to plan outreach and family engagement events.
- Develop and execute PJ Our Way programming for 8-12 year-olds.
- Collaborate with community partners on PJ Library and PJ Our Way events throughout the year.
- Supervise and support ShinShinim engagement with PJ Library and PJ Our Way programming.
- Complete bi-annual reports and grant submissions to the Harold Grinspoon Foundation.
- Conduct donor stewardship with PJ Library stakeholders.
- Attend monthly networking sessions and check-ins with Harold Grinspoon Foundation staff, and yearly conference.
- Counsel families on financial resources for Jewish summer programs, national Jewish teen programs and high school and college student Israel programs.
- Act as a liaison and resource to area Jewish youth groups (BBYO).
- Staff community programming as needed based on outreach initiatives. (L’Taken, MOTL, etc.)
Community Outreach & Engagement
- Coordinate and oversee Engagement Committee including planning and executing 4-5 community engagement events throughout the year.
- Oversee monthly meetings with engagement committee and actively recruit new members.
- Staff, plan, and execute the annual Triad Jewish Film Festival.
- Work extensively with Triad Jewish Film Festival Committee to promote Jewish culture through film to the greater Greensboro community.
- Act as point of contact for all newcomers. Conduct phone consultations and meetings when necessary.
- Staff Newcomers Committee and work on initiatives to find and engage newcomers.
- Plan annual Jewish Community Yom Hashoah Commemoration, and Yom Ha’atzmaut programming in conjunction with Beth David Synagogue, Temple Emanuel and the ShinShinim Israeli ambassadors program.
- Promote and act as a liaison and resource for Holocaust education programs and the ASU Center for Judaic, Holocaust and Peace Studies.
Grants and Scholarships
- Administer and publicize Israel Experience Grant Program including interviews and follow-up with participants and parents.
- Administer and publicize One Happy Camper Grant Program and the Greensboro Jewish Federation Stanley Shavitz Camp Judaea Incentive Grant and The Fischer Send-A-Kid to Overnight Jewish Camp Incentive Grant Fund.
- Administer and publicize grants for Youth Programs and Educational Experiences Fund including interviews and follow-up with participants and parents. (e.g., L’Taken, AIPAC, Jewish conferences for high school students).
- Support the GJF Executive Committee and GJF Board with nomination process for the Young Leadership Award.
- Administer GJF Miriam and Abe Brenner Holocaust Education Scholarship Fund for college students.
- Administer the Mark W. Lanceburg Holocaust Education Scholarship Fund for North Carolina Educators.
- Administer the Florence W. Jacobson Fund in support of Jewish women’s leadership.
- Prepare annual budgets and program narratives for all programs.
- Work in cooperation with lay leadership to develop committee goals and meeting agendas.
- Create programming related PR and articles for website, email marketing, and magazine.
- Supervise college intern if applicable.
- Assist with annual Campaign solicitations and donor stewardship, affinity groups and related events as needed.
- Represent Federation at events in the general Jewish community.
- Weekend and evening availability as needed. Flex time encouraged to compensate for weekend and evening work.
The Outreach & Engagement Manager shall hold a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in a field related to management, programming, and/or planning in a nonprofit organization such as Management, Education, Community Organizing, Social Work, Jewish Communal Service, or Jewish Studies.
- Candidate shall have a minimum of four (4) years of experience in Jewish Communal Service or a related field. Preference will be given to a candidate who demonstrates a full knowledge and understanding of Jewish ethics, values, family and community life as well as worldwide Jewish concerns.
- An educational background and experience with young adults is helpful for this position.