Title: Office Administrator
Reports to: Director of Jewish Family Services with additional oversight from Director of Finance and Human Resources
Status: Full-time, non-exempt (M-Th: 8:30 am – 5:00 pm); Friday: 8:30 am – 4:00 pm); currently part remote/ part office
The Jewish Family Services (JFS) and Office Administrator will provide vital support for the proper administration of Jewish Family Services and the Greensboro Jewish Federation (GJF). The JFS role includes responsibilities as receptionist, general administrative assistance to JFS staff and Director, and management of van services. For the Federation (which includes JFS) the position maintains critical administrative support in the areas of facility, IT, and office management.
Administration and Reception for JFS:
- Serve as primary receptionist. Maintain a professional, pleasant and caring attitude when assisting callers and visitors to JFS offices. Assist with any needs of visitors. Maintain confidentiality of client information and records.
- Provide professional administrative support for JFS staff including general office skills and IT assistance, agency correspondence, and program support.
- Manage JFS van with responsibility for all scheduling and reservation. Communicate professionally with all riders, families and drivers. Resolve issues that arise. Update daily log and keep records of all income and expenses related to van. Handle the sale of tickets and cash payments. Coordinate with drivers for repairs and maintenance. Maintain accurate file of riders’ emergency information. Communicate any significant issues to the Director.
- Send lifecycle event acknowledgements to membership: births, engagements and deaths via constant contact and mail condolence and get well cards.
- Maintain accurate recordkeeping of donations and is responsible for thank you letters. Maintain monthly and annual statistics of all services and programs. Record all checks and cash received by Jewish Family Services for client fees, loan repayments, and other.
- Prepare yearly JFS Board Books, maintain minutes and handle correspondence with the JFS Board and any other committees/task forces as needed.
- Attend weekly JFS staff meetings and monthly Federation staff meetings.
- Initiate and act as liaison between Federation and contracted Property Manager and subcontractors for repairs, cleaning and maintenance. Act as liaison for all necessary building inspections (city, fire, etc.).
- Research and order all general office and kitchen supplies, supplies for equipment and other supplies as needed. Keep workroom organized and neat. Monitor annual budget for supplies.
- Communicate with staff about facility related issues and updates.
- Assist with mail distribution, recording receipts daily in Receipts Log, and bulk mailings.
- Maintain facility rooms calendar. Ensure that rules of kitchen and clean up procedures are followed by staff and outside users of meeting rooms and kitchen. Monitor and maintain general tidiness of kitchen and other common areas.
- Keep office equipment updated and maintained in good working condition. Ensure that all staff members are trained on all pieces of office equipment. Maintain records of equipment specifications and use manuals. (Office equipment includes copier, postage machine and meter, telephone system and extensions, shredder and desktop printers.)
- Serve as primary staff member responsible for the IT function for GJF and JFS. Coordinate with IT consultants on software and hardware upgrades and updates for Microsoft Office Products and other general use software. Provide software support on general use software for all staff. Responsible for staff training as needed on use of these products.
- Minimum Education: Bachelor’s Degree (preferred)
- Working knowledge of computer programs (Microsoft Office); Experience with Salesforce CRM preferred
- General organizational, administrative and telephone skills
- Ability to assist visitors in a polite, friendly and professional manner
- Be adaptable, able to prioritize, and work professionally with a team
- Be available for events and programs outside office hours as needed