Reports to: Director of Finance and Human Resources
Status: Part-time hourly, non-exempt. 28 hours per week (M-H: 10am – 5pm); currently part remote/ part office
The Office Administrator will provide vital support for the proper administration of the office setting including IT, office
equipment and software management. As the front desk receptionist, the Office Administrator will play a key role presenting the first impression of the Federation.
Administration and Reception:
- Serve as primary receptionist. Maintain a professional, pleasant and caring attitude when assisting callers and visitors to the Federation offices. Assist with any needs of visitors.
- Provide general administrative and executive assistance for Federation leadership and staff meetings, Federation campaign, programs and events as needed. This includes meeting announcements, RSVPs, food, shopping, special guest coordination, room set up, A/V setup. Assist with reception for Board and Executive Committee meetings.
- Research and order all general office and kitchen supplies, supplies for equipment and other supplies for Federation events while monitoring the annual budget. Keep workroom organized and neat.
- Assist with bulk mailing, mail distribution and recording receipts daily in Receipts Log.
- Assist as backup for sending lifecycle event acknowledgements to membership: births, deaths and get well.
- Assist with membership and communications data entry tasks.
- Take minutes for Board of Trustees and Executive Committee meetings.
- Serve a member of the GJF Staff Wellness Committee
- Initiate and act as liaison between Federation and contracted Property Manager and subcontractors for repairs, cleaning and maintenance. Act as liaison for all necessary building inspections (city, fire, etc.).
- Keep Facilities and Front Desk Manuals updated.
- Communicate with staff about facility related issues and updates.
- Determine use of Federation facilities and maintain calendar for requested use of Federation meeting rooms. Ensure that rules of kitchen and clean up procedures are followed by staff and outside users of meeting rooms and kitchen.
- Monitor and maintain general tidiness of kitchen and other common areas.
- Keep office equipment updated and maintained in good working condition. Ensure that all staff members are trained on all pieces of office equipment. Maintain records of equipment specifications and use manuals. (Office equipment includes copier, postage machine and meter, telephone system and extensions, shredder and desktop printers.)
- Serve as primary staff member responsible for the IT function for GJF and JFS. Coordinate with IT consultants on software and hardware upgrades and updates for Microsoft Office Products and other general use software. Provide software support on general use software for all staff. Responsible for staff training as needed on use of these products.
- Minimum Education: Bachelor’s Degree (preferred)
- Working knowledge of computer programs (Microsoft Office); Experience with Salesforce CRM preferred
- General organizational, administrative and telephone skills
- Ability to assist visitors in a polite, friendly and professional manner
- Be available for events and programs outside office hours as needed
Qualifications: Bachelor's Degree Preferred.