Director of Finance and Operations
Jewish Foundation of Greensboro
The Jewish Foundation of Greensboro (JFG), a non-profit philanthropic organization, was established to create permanent endowments to ensure the viability of Jewish community life and education for future generations. JFG guides donors to give strategically, offering advice and assistance with management. JFG provides constituents with the ability to establish legacy gifts which can benefit multiple organizations. Donors can establish Donor Advised Funds which JFG will administer, distribute, and steward on a donor’s behalf. JFG offers ongoing educational programs and acts as a resource.
The JFG Director of Finance and Operations (DFO) reports directly to the Endowment Director to provide management and oversight of the Foundation financials and operations, accurate reports. The DFO works closely with teammates and lay leaders, and is responsible for administration of the department.
· Oversee all Foundation finances and operations.
· Develop, maintain, and monitor processes and procedures, financial initiatives, and controls.
· Maintain the budget and verify with the General Ledger Report.
· Ensure appropriate controls are in place to protect and secure Foundation assets and property.
· Supervise the Foundation financial team.
· Review the reconciliation of the bank downloads and database general ledger.
· Prepare monthly accounting and performance benchmarking reports.
· Supervise preparation of donor fund statements, quarterly and year-end.
· Oversee maintenance of accounting systems.
· Prepare reports for annual 990 tax returns and organizational audits.
· Prepare reports including annual payouts for endowment funds and administrative fees.
· Prepare documents for and attend Investment Committee, Budget, and Finance Committee Meetings.
· Review the inputting and/or importing distributions into database and the preparation of distribution letters and reports.
· Review or prepare the financial reports and spreadsheets for meetings, organizations, and donors.
· Maintain Charitable Solicitation Licenses.
· Minimum 5-7 years of relevant professional experience.
· BS in Accounting, Business Analytics, or Finance; MBA or CPA preferred.
· Knowledge of accounting principles, changing accounting rules and regulations.
· Financial and performance analysis experience.
· Strong skills in Microsoft Office, Excel, learning new systems.
· Ability to maintain absolute confidentiality and act with the highest degree of integrity.
· Generous benefits including medical and dental, parental leave, 401K, vacation, holidays.
· Salary commensurate with demonstrated skills and experience.
Please submit resume and cover letter to FWoolf@jewishfoundationnc.org.