Carolina Foundation for Jewish Seniors Executive Director
Carolina Foundation for Jewish Seniors
5509C W Friendly Ave, Greensboro NC
Carolina Foundation for Jewish Seniors
Position Profile 1-21-22
Carolina Foundation for Jewish Seniors is seeking an Executive Director to manage the Foundation’s platform to award grants to nonprofit organizations serving the Jewish senior population in North and South Carolina. The Executive Director is responsible for implementing the mission and vision of the Foundation by defining and administering the application process for awarding grants, establishing best practices for the operations and management of the Foundation and building the infrastructure for a sustainable and successful future of giving.
The Executive Director will oversee the programs, administration, marketing and strategic plan of the organization. The Executive Director will also partner with, and advise grantee organizations in developing and enhancing services that create strategic impact for Jewish seniors in their respective communities. This position reports directly to the Board of Directors.
- Serve as overall manager of the organization, liaison to the Board of Directors, and primary contact person for CFJS.
- Provide leadership in developing programs, organizational strategy, and financial plans with the Board of Directors and effectively execute the plans.
- Build strong relationships and maintain ongoing communication with grantees.
- Coordinate the grant application, grant reporting and the award processes.
- Seek additional grant applicants across the Carolinas to grow the number of grantees.
- Coordinate and prepare Board meetings, including agendas, minutes, financial reports and all other materials.
- Develop opportunities for existing grant applicants to share knowledge and experiences, as well as creative ways to expand their programs.
- Manage the financial resources of the organization to ensure maximum resource utilization and maintenance of the financial health of the organization. Not responsible for Foundation investment decisions.
- Maintain fiscal integrity of the Foundation, including submission to the Board of a proposed annual budget and monthly financial statements, which accurately reflect the financial condition of the Foundation.
- Define a marketing and communications plan that supports the mission of the Foundation. This includes maintaining the Foundation's website, and developing communication materials, social media, public relations and other marketing channels that support and promote the mission of the Foundation.
- Maintain all legal and financial records, including general and investment accounts, coordination with the CPA for 990 tax returns, etc. Communicate with Jewish Foundation of Greensboro, which manages all general and investment accounts.
- A successful leader with high emotional intelligence skills: self-awareness, self-management and social awareness.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- A leader with sound business judgment and the analytical ability to know what is apt to be a good program investment and/or use of Foundation funds.
- Strong financial management skills including budget preparation, analysis, decision making and reporting.
- Proficiency in Computer programs, ie. Microsoft Office Suite, QuickBooks, Adobe Acrobat, WordPress, etc.
- Ability to travel within North and South Carolina to visit grantees .
- Strong commitment to (or a willingness to understand) Jewish tradition and community.
- Demonstrated experience working with the older adult population preferred but not required.
- Applicant must reside in North Carolina or South Carolina
- Remote work possible subject to residency requirement listed above
- Carolina Foundation for Jewish Seniors office is currently located in the Greensboro Jewish Federation offices in Greensboro, NC; Relocating within NC or SC possible
- Compensation is based on education, skills and experience
To apply, please email Stefanie Kahn: