Title: Accounting & Data Manager
Reports to: Director of Finance and Human Resources
Status: Full-time, Exempt
The Greensboro Jewish Federation is a nonprofit organization with a $1.6 million annual campaign and a foundation with almost $80M in assets under management. Supporting and enriching the lives of Jews locally, nationally, in Israel and worldwide, the Federation supports almost 50 Jewish organizations and initiatives. Programs funded by the Federation create life-sustaining and life-changing impact while inspiring and engaging very young children through elders.
The Greensboro Jewish community is rapidly growing and changing, and with technology advances, we are updating our approach to accounting, data analysis and reporting. We seek an experienced accounting professional with tech savvy and the desire to improve, innovate and provide superior management of our accounting and database systems.
The Accounting and Data Manager is an important middle management position providing critical accounting, data, and information system management for the Federation, Foundation and Jewish Family Services arms of the Greensboro Jewish Federation.
Accounting Manager: 25 hours per week
- General Ledger: Managing bank and general ledger reconciliations, ensuring accuracy in general ledger, preparing the trial balance and performing month-end closings
- Accounts Receivable: Work with A/R Associate to ensure timely completion of A/R reconciliations, donor statements and quarterly aging
- Accounts Payable: Perform coding, entering, processing of printed checks, ACH and Credit card transactions
- Payroll: Process employee time sheets and payroll, record payroll entry
- Other: Assist Finance Director with benefits administration and the budget and allocations process
Database Administration: 15 hours per week:
• Manage data entry, maintenance and overall administration of donor database:
- Responsible for ongoing maintenance of donor management system, including upgrades and backups as well as creation/maintenance of user accounts and permissions profiles
- Identify, manage and conduct ongoing data clean-up projects
- Manage and assist with entry of all donor demographic data
- Provide strategic support to staff by creating reports and dashboards and provide training as needed
- Design and manage ongoing development of the system to meet Federation’s mission and needs in collaboration with database consultant
• Campaign Data Manager:
- Enter all pledges into database and manage system of record keeping for confirmation and acknowledgement of pledges.
- Manage pledge card printing.
- Responsible for all reporting for the Campaign committee.
- Attend Campaign committee meetings and respond to requests associated with Campaign data.
Required Qualifications and Competencies:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Previous experience with Salesforce CRM (preferred)
- Highly detail oriented
- Interested in technological innovation and problem solving
- Advanced understanding of computer operating systems and hardware/software/apps interface
- 5+ years of experience in an accounting or bookkeeping role
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills; Proficient with Microsoft Word and Outlook
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to function well in a fast-paced and at times stressful environment
- Job Type: Full-time