Our mission is to promote positive social functioning of individuals and families and supports and strengthens Jewish family and community life. Jewish Family Services, a constituent agency of the Greensboro Jewish Federation, is rooted in Jewish values and in the community’s obligation to support basic human needs and assist its members in the Jewish tradition of helping people to help themselves. Learn more about what we offer by clicking here...
Would you like to join the JFS team?
Jewish Family Services of Greensboro is looking for a part-time clinical social worker (20 hours) with an MSW and NC licensure to provide clinical and case management services primarily to the Jewish population of Greensboro and Guildford County. Good programming skills also required. Candidate will work as part of a team. Knowledge and respect of Jewish values and traditions required. Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Greensboro Jewish Federation—Jewish Family Services
Job Description: Social Worker/Clinical Services
(part-time 20 hrs.)
• Responsible for the clinical and case management needs of the clients served by Jewish Family Services.
• Caseload consists of adults and older adults, individuals, and families who request mental health services and case management services within the guidelines of the agency. The clinical program is primarily for those in the Jewish community of Greensboro and Guilford County.
• Additional components of the position include information and referral, outreach, and group work as well as program development and facilitating programs for a variety of populations served in the Jewish Family Life Education program.
• The clinician works closely with the Director to determine needs, deliver service, and create programs that serve the community.
• He/she participates as a member of the JFS team.
• The clinician reports to the Director.
• Masters Degree in Social Work (MSW) from an accredited School of Social Work.
• North Carolina Clinical Social Work license or appropriate professional licensure.
• Commitment to working with adults, older adults, individuals, groups, and families.
• Sound knowledge and effective use of individual, family, and group counseling techniques.
• Strong knowledge base of family issues and geriatrics.
• Ability to initiate, organize, and facilitate educational and support programs and workshops around topics relevant to Jewish Family Life Education.
• Strong communication, documentation, and organizational skills. Ability to collaborates and work as part of the JFS team.
• Knowledge of/ability to learn community resources, federal and state programs, and willingness to network in the professional community and the Jewish community of Greensboro.
• Understanding of and respect for Jewish values and traditions.
Triad Jewish Singles
Betsy Gamburg, Director
ext. 225 or email@example.com
Gail Bretan, Volunteer Coordinator
ext. 227 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Gilda Friedman, Congregational Nurse
ext. 224 or email@example.com
Marcia Hermelin, Administrative Assistant
ext. 222 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Valerie O'Keefe, Family Programming Specialist
ext. 221 or email@example.com
Katy Claussen, Chai Notes Program Facilitator
ext. 228 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Call on Gilda to Help You
or Your Family Members